HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Epic Road Trip Read | Scrap the Boys Challenge

Our challenge for June at Scrap the Boys is to use circles. Here's what I came up with:




Here are some details.

I used a free cut file called Bubble Blast from Paper Issues and backed it with various patterned papers from Simple Stories' Bro & Co collection.


I fussy cut stars to add more detail, layer and interest. A thumbs-up sticker and a brad added some more dimension. Of course that stupid brad had to turn sideways for the photo and I didn't ever get a chance to take another pic.


I wanted to use those Heidi Swapp Sun Chaser Thickers for the title, but they weren't quite showing up as much as I wanted to so I layered them on top of a torn strip of teal paper and then outlined them, and that made them really stand out. The word "Epic" and some old BasicGrey small letter stickers finished out the title. A torn strip of striped paper that had all the colors of the collection really grounded my layout and made it so that my circles weren't just floating on the page.


Some more text, combining a cursive diecut, a fussy-cut word, and a word sticker, added a visual triangle to keep the eye moving around the page.


I added a brad to the steering wheel diecut to form an additional visual triangle. The white word sticker served as another visual triangle. Visual triangles were one of the first design tips I learned from reading Creating Keepsakes way back when I started scrapbooking, and it has served me well over the years to achieve balance and movement on my page.


At the end, that checkered circle kept drawing my eye away from everything else, and I decided to use that paper to mount my layout, and that did the trick, I think.


Be sure to go check out how all the rest of the team interpreted this challenge. So many creative designs!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...