HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, August 1, 2022

Anchors Away | Bramble Fox

Well, July sure did disappear quickly! I was planning to post a layout each day to catch up on all the layouts I missed sharing on my blog since last year. I hope to do better going forward!

Here's a layout I made in July for Bramble Fox.  I'm loving all of the nautical pieces from the Sea Life collection Bramble Fox recently added to the shop, and the Anchors Away pack was perfect for these pictures of my friend's daughters on their first whale-watching cruise.


The Vintage Seas collection by Simple Stories is a perfect complement to these nautical pieces. After choosing the elements I wanted to use and figuring out their placement, I used stencils and various shades of blue distress ink to create an interesting background. In the picture below, I used Fox Cut #18 stencil to make the sunrays. You can also see I added some Perspextives--Flock of Seagulls and an older geotag, which I backed with navy cardstock. The phrase strips are cut from Paper Snips #002.


On the bottom of my layout, I created waves using various shades of blue Distress Ink and Fox Cut #35. Detailing with a fin-tip pen adds a little more dimension to the waves. The cute little sailboat Perspextive is from the Anchors Away pack, which also includes another title and a handful of natuical embellishments. The mesh piece behind the whale photograph was made with kraft paper and Fox Dies #4.


I was happy to use a super-old brad that's probably been in my stash for at least 15 years. After I finished creating my layout, I added a few enamel dots for a finishing touch and then splattered watered-down gesso for a sea-spray look.


I loved working with these Fox Cut stencils, Perspextives, and Paper Snips! You'll have to go check out the entire Sea Life collection. I hope I've given you some ideas for these products. Please make sure to tag us on Instagram and share your creations in our Bramble Fox Facebook group. We love seeing how you use the Bramble Fox Products!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...