HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Beach Fun | CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration Case File No. 413

We've got a fun, summery Case File for second June challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's what I created:


And here are the Case File and clues:



As soon as I saw the Case File, I knew I wanted to make a wreath out of palm fronds. I used the basic colors and documented a summer trip and had fun going through my stash to find lots of Evidence clues: solids, wonky dots, summer themed item, wreath, flamingo, drink, leaves, flower, fruit, straw, metal dies, Nuvo drops, tiny brads, and a cursive font.

Here are some details. First I traced a circular bowl on my paper with pencil. I used a scrap papers and a die set that has different styles of palm friends and arranged them in a circle, overlapping them. I tucked in some embellishments to match the color scheme. I had a pack of summer-themed diecuts with pinks and greens. Not sure who the manufacturer is because I had thrown away the packaging. I used old Heidi Swapp chipboard letters on my title, and the "fun" word came from that diecut pack.  I think the chipboard letters are nearly 20 years old and I still have a ton of them. I love using old stash!!!


For the wonky dots clue, I used an old pink paper with big wonky dots as one of the layers behind my photo and then in the end I decided I'd mat the whole layout on it. How fun is that clip die? It's from an Alexandra Renke set and has three different sizes. The notebook punched layer is from a Bramble Fox ide.


The acrylic flowers and flamingo are also from Bramble Fox. I made the sunglasses with a metal die. That drink in the mason jar met two clues--a drink and a straw, and it's a puffy sticker. Since Black was a color in the Case File, I stapled Tim Holtz phrase stickers around my wreath with my Tiny Attacher.


I always include a heart on all of my layouts I give away and found a green enamel heart that matched the colors and added it to the bathing suit diecut. I finished up my layout by scattering Nuvo drops around the wreath and then remembered that tiny brads were a clue and mixed in some glittery green brads I found in my stash. 


A bunch of years ago, I too my brads out of their packaging and organized them by color and that has been such a great help! Here's what I did to organize them. You can read more about what I did in this post.


I hope you'll come check out the rest of the design team's creations and play along too! We're always looking for guest designers, and a $20 gift certificate is up for grabsl.

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...