HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, April 13, 2017

You're Just My Cup of Tea

I had the chance to make another page just for the fun of it (not that DT work isn't fun because it totally is). I've been adding layouts to my gallery over at A Cherry on Top and I saw that they have a whole bunch of challenges going on over there, so I played in one called The Spelling Challenge, in which we had to use stuff on our page using the letters in the word SPRING. Here's what I came up with--it's another page for one of my students.


I hate the way gold photographs. The letters look black, but they're a lovely, shiny gold as you can see in the closeups. Anyway, here's how I solved that spelling challenge:

S - Student, stickers,
P - pink, posies, Pebbles brand papers, pop dots
R - rhinestones
I - Ink
N - Noted paper (that's the title of that pink background paper)
G - gold letters, glittery accents,  green, Garden Party collection (the stripe and the darker pink),

Here are some details. As I said, the paper in the background is a My Mind's Eye Paper from the Cut and Paste collection called Noted. The teacups are clear stickers from Pebble's Tealightful collection. I stuck them onto white paper and mounted them on pop dots. The butterfly and flowers are from the same sticker sheet.



How cute is that little bunny in the teacup? I had originally planned to design the page with just the two photos and clusters in the corner, but then my title spread out so much because I scrap 8 x 8 that it filled up the lower left side. I was then left with a big empty space in the top quadrant, so I thought, why not have a teapot pouring into the teacup. But then that teapot was just sort of floating there. That's when I noticed these two cloud stickers in the set and I thought, "Well, if a teapot is floating, it must be in the clouds." Makes perfect sense to me.


And one more closeup of some stacked teacups. Such cute stickers. Wish they would've been cardstock stickers instead of clear stickers. Oh well--I made them into cardstock stickers with a little fussy cutting.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Roshan Jha said...

Nice post !! i am looking for this kind of post from last many days thanks for share it with us. Read our blog for : School sticker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...