HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Jars to Inspire {CSI Case File No. 252}

Our mid-month challenge is live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's the page I created for this challenge:


And here's the Case File for the challenge: I used most of the traditional clues from the Case File (which, since I'm the one who creates the clues, is how I drew inspiration from The Scene). From the Evidence list, I used stripes, dots, diamond pattern, text pattern, triangles, circles, doily, light bulb, frame, banner, numbers clip, metal, puffy stickers, animals, hearts. For the Testimony, I sort of put my journaling in a frame.


Here are some details. I used a combination of old and newer stuff on this page. My story is typed on that tag, which is tucked inside a really old transparent pocket by Creative Imaginations (Narratives). Probably a dozen years old. That yellow frame is a newer thing in my stash, as is the silver puffy sticker, which is by Freckled Fawn. That transparent light bulb is by Maya Road.




Below you can read my story. So I go to Weight Watchers on Saturday morning, and I started this jar thing a while back, and the tag tells the story behind the jars. The stamps on my page are all by Denim Tampons, one of our generous sponsors this month. They have the coolest stamps. There are some stamps in yellow and light gray, which are hard to see in my photos. I just love that scissor stamp.


The numbers are from a pack of rub-ons by Tim Holtz. Not sure who made the jar, but it came in a pack from Hobby Lobby. That flair badge is by A Flair for Buttons.


One of my favorite craft finds of all times at Michael's is that little black bunting. I wish they had it in other colors. The clear sticker that I put on my photograph is by Simple Stories.


And here's a shot of the title. My favorite thicker alpha by Amy Tangerine, some tiny letters from Lily Bee. The brackets are from a die by Simply Graphic, a French company, and that bird is a puffy sticker from that company that sells things for a dollar at Michael's (the name is escaping me at the moment). I added the bird because the lid of my pounds lost jar has a bird on it.



cubeupload

3 comments:

Jacynthe said...

So many details to look at discover, and all on an 8 x 8 page. I don't know how you do it! The colour palette has such visual impact. I love how the yellow stands out from the black/grey/white colour scheme. That envelope holding your journaling is really neat. I don't think I've ever seen those before. Love the light bulb, and the stamping on the background. I can see how the stones in the jar motivate you to continue on your weight loss journey. Well done! TFS ♥

Nina said...

Your page is so nicely laid out, and I love the concept of moving the stones from one jar to the other. Love the layers of different patterned papers, the doily, jar and bulb, not to mention the little texts you put in here and there:-)

Carina said...

Love your title work and I love your journaling! You are really inspiring me to go paper again Debbi! Good luck with your weight loss journey ! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...