HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, April 21, 2018

You Inspire Me {Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge}

I made another page to give to one of my students:

I made this for Free File Free-for-All, a challenge over at Paper Issues. The challenge is to use one of their awesome free cut files. I used two different cut files for this page.

Cloudy Background-Free Cut File             Sky's The Limit-Free Cut File

Here are some closeups. The sun was so bright when I took pictures that you can't really see the texture in the cardstock I used, but I have to grab sun when I can get it. I used Crate Paper's Carousel collection on this page, along with a few odds and ends from my stash, like the cat puffy sticker I tucked into the hot-air balloon and the Heidi Swapp rhinestone strip that I added to the cotton candy chipboard piece. I found some pink BasicGrey letter stickers to use for the title. Whenever I need a certain color for my title, I can be sure to find some BasicGrey alphas to match.


I originally planned to use white cardstock in the background, but it wasn't showing off the pretty cloud cut file, so I found a minty green cardstock that matched the papers I used to back the cut file. I just love that Paper Issues hot-air balloon and I contemplated using different colors to back each of the panels but decided to go with pink papers from the collection. The floral design had gold foil accenting, which led me to use other gold elements on my page. The black phrase strips are by Tim Holtz. I cut the kite out of a patterned paper, and the star and bow chipboard pieces are both from the Crate Paper Carousel collection.


Here's a closeup of that cute cotton candy stand.


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...