HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, April 20, 2019

You Are Awesome {CSI Cold Case File No. 280 and Paper Issues Swanky Swatches Challenge}

I made this page for our April Cold Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and also the Paper Issues Swanky Swatches challenge.. Our Cold Cases are meant to get you to resurrect some of your old stash and use it!


Here are the Case File and Clues and the Moodboard from Paper Issues.

I have a ton of old K&Co papers, and lots of them have flowers. When I saw a moodboard challenge over at Paper Issues that had purples and greens, I decided to use a floral paper by K&Co from the Poppy Seed collection that featured purple and green. I was happy to use up one of my bike stickers. They always seem so random, but I thought it was fun here on the corrugated paper, which was another clue I used from the Case File. I fussy cut the flowers, which was one of the design clues. I found some K&Co. butterflies, which was another product clue.



Image may contain: plant

Here are some details. This paper is so pretty and sparkly. I don't know why I never used it. The layered butterflies serve as 4 clues--butterflies, K&Co., and layered embellishments, swirls. 


I even used word stickers by K&Co. The clip wasn't a clue, but the color went with the papers, so I used it. Plus it's really old, so perfect for a Cold Case. 


I still have a ton of bike elements in my stash, but I was happy to use one of them. I added some super-old brads to the tires. An I was also happy to use some really old corrugated paper. I don't know why I don't use it more often. I really like the look of it.


I hope you'll come play at both Paper Issues and CSI. Both are really fun challenges, and you may even win a gift certificate from Paper Issues--be sure to post in the Facebook group--or one of the 9 prizes being donated by our sponsors at CSI:


Please support all of our sponsors and also Paper Issues. If you shop at Paper Issues, I'd love for you to use my code Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off your entire order!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...