HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Family Smooch | Paper Issues Kit and Sketch Challenge

Did you know that besides the hundreds of free cut files and all the latest and greatest scrappy stuff, Paper Issues has monthly kits? And the cool thing is, you don't have to commit to a subscription, but you'll want them all! I store them separately from my other stuff, and I tend to forget to use them, so I've been making a concerted effort to use them lately! Here's a page I made yesterday with the kit called Pink (Aerosmith), which is still available in the shop.


Here's a look at that kit. You can see other pictures plus a detailed list of the contents here.


And here's the sketch:

No photo description available.

Here are some details. As you can see, I substituted the stars in the sketch for those adorable sloths sitting on the heart that I cut out of a patterned paper from the kit. I placed them on the paper and they just seemed to be floating there, and then I thought, floating--hey! I could have them floating in the air by adding clouds. And then I thought, I could make those hearts into balloons by adding string! I stamped those sweet clouds with a Jillibean Soup stamp in my collection.


How awesome are those gold letters? They're in the kit. The gold hearts on my page are from the same package. The puffy sticker is also in the kit.


Most of the stuff on my page are from the kit, with a few things added from my stash because you know I love to use up some older stash when I scrap. And I've been on a kick to use stamps because I have a million of them. I made the tab at the top by stamping the phrase onto the pink polka dot paper and cutting it into a banner shape. The little tab with the 3 hearts is from the branding strip of one of the papers in the kit. I just used my scissors to round the corners. The Dymo stickers are ancient. I just have a few left on that sheet. I don't know if I've ever used up an entire sheet of anything before, but this one's coming close!


I hope you'll come play in this or one of the many other challenges. Submit your creation to our Facebook group. Make sure you check out the cook kits in the store and all the other awesome stuff, and please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...