HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Love This Face {CSI July Cold Case File + Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All}

Have you tried our "Cold Cases" at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration? The idea behind these challenges is to use up some of your old stash. I decided to combine the Cold Case File with Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All challenge because I LOVE their cut files.

I made this layout for my pastor. She has the cutest dog ever. His name is Buster.


Here are the Case File and clues for the CSI challenge:

Image Credit: Rebecca Jones

Image Credit: Rebecca Jones

Here are some details. I started my layout by choosing the "magic number" 23 from one of the boxes of 6 x 6 pads, which landed on a My Mind's Eye Jubliee paper pad. I backed the FREE cut file called Love You Hearts with different patterns. Then I decided my layout needed something under the cut file, so I looked back at the clues and saw stamps. I've been on a kick to use my stamps, so that was perfect. First, I added some watercolor to the background and then added a polka dot and a grid stamp. An additional clue was to use rub-ons. Those words in the background are from a sheet of Making Memories rub-ons.



I was going to try to find a frame to add to the picture of Buster and then decided to see if I had a frame stamp (I have several) and I had never used this one. Another clue I used was "cute animals." I added a bunch of animal puffy stickers peeking out from behind the hearts.


I used another frame stamp from the same set in my title to hold the word "this," which are also rub-ons. I used older letter stickers for the other words. 



I hope you'll come play along with CSI this month! Besides all of our other sponsors, Paper Issues is donating a $20 gift card to their shop! Use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase! And don't forget to check out the hundreds of FREE cut files!



And here are all of the sponsors donating prizes this month:


cubeupload cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...