HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, July 1, 2019

Yum! {CSI Case File No. 288 + Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge}

Note: There seems to be a bug with Blogger. My text is not showing up in places, but if you want to read what I wrote, you can highlight the spaces between the pictures, and the text will show up. So weird!

We've got a new challenge live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration! And I'm super-excited because Paper Issues is sponsoring CSI this month, so I made sure to pick a Paper Issues challenge to combine with it, and they had the perfect cut file for this challenge, so I played with the Free File Free-for-All challenge, which is always one of my favorites!


Here are the Case File and clues for the CSI challenge:


Image Credit: Louise Lockhart

Here are the clues I used: The Scheme: All the colors; Evidence: Patterned paper with wonky dots, stripes, ice-cream themed elements, transportation, circular elements, stars, triangles, labels, animals, sprinkle something, bow, date.

Here's the awesome FREE cut file I used, called Sweet Summer Treats, which has pretty much any kind of ice cream you can think of, soft serve, scoops, ice cream bars, popsicles. Seriously, Paper Issues is so generous in giving away literally hundreds of free cut files


And some details. Check out that fabulous cut file! So fun! I found some wonky dot pink paper, by Simple Stories, to act as sprinkles for my ice cream. One of the clues was circular elements, so I immediately thought of flair. These are from A Flair for Buttons. And then I'd add some buttons too, as circles. I have so dang many buttons, so it was a perfect excuse to use them. The striped paper in the back is from Photoplay's Like a Girl collection. It has all the colors except for the orange. How perfect! The teal behind my photo is also from that collection. The orange circle paper is by Chatterbox. I love combining older stash with newer.


That little ice cream truck in The Scene was just too adorable, so I printed it out and stuck it on my page. I was planning to have the "We All Scream for Ice Cream" as my title, but I didn't think I'd be able to make it fit, so I used up some old thickers with a shorter title.
I've been on a kick lately to use some of my stamps. I have literally hundreds of them. I used the Kaisercraft triangle background stamp, as triangles were one of my clues. The tiny stars is a Heidi Swapp stamp. The larger stars are by Denim Tampons. I stamped them and cut them out. The "Get in my belly!" stamp is one of my favorites, and it's by Citrus Twist, as is the "Delicious," from the same stamp set. The "Awesome" stamp is by Crate Paper Good Vibes.


I sprinkled some Heidi Swapp Mist as another clue. I originally used the photo corner for my triangle clue. How about that sweet tiny cat! The stamp is just his upper body, so I tucked him behind another Flair badge from A Flair for Buttons. It's a Studio Calico stamp. The "Yes!" stamp is from the same set.


I hope you'll come play along with CSI this month! Besides all of our other sponsors, Paper Issues is donating a $20 gift card to their shop! Use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



And here are all of the sponsors donating prizes this month:


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...