HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, February 17, 2020

Snow Day | CSI Case File No. 311 + Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday Challenge

Our mid-month reveal is live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's the page I made. Paper Issues is one of our sponsors this month, so I decided I'd combine our challenge with one of their many awesome challenges, and I chose the Scraplift Sunday challenge.


Here are the Case File and clues for the CSI challenge:


I pulled the reds, blue, and white from the Case File, used older winter-themed papers, older items with elements to cut out, shaped brads, glitter (on the brads), and old snowflake punch.



Here is Amanda's amazing layout for the Scraplift Sunday challenge:

Image may contain: 8 people, including Amanda Fillingame Ulmer, people smiling

Here are some details. I started by using the packaging technique with watered distress ink for the background and then made some splatters with the blue and some black watercolor. I used an old Martha Stewart punch, since that was a clue, in place of the squares in Amanda's layout. I fussy cut the snowmen, trees, and birds from papers in an old My Mind's Eye paper pad called Wonderful Winter that I got at Micheal's back in 2009 (I only know the date because it's printed on the cover). 


The red letters are old Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, and the red was so perfect with the red in the My Mind's Eye collection. The phrase stickers came from Crate Paper's Snow and Cocoa collection. 


Shaped brads and glitter were clues, and I found these sweet silver glittery brads in my stash, which I put in some of snowflake's centers. I also found some tiny star-shaped silver brads that have been in my stash forever. I finished off my layout by adding some white Nuvo drops.


I always get a thrill when I can use old stash, and I love the way this layout turned out. I can't wait to give it to my friend!

I hope you'll come play along with both CSI and Paper Issues. CSI has eight awesome sponsors donating prizes this month:



And Paper Issues gives away two gift certificates each month, so be sure to play there too! While you're shopping at the Paper Issues store, please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...