HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, April 4, 2020

You Mean the World to Me | Paper Issues Spring Crop

Last weekend, Paper Issues held their spring crop. Challenges are open until midnight April 5, so you still have this weekend to play. Here is my layout and the challenge I played in:




When I saw the circle theme, I thought of this awesome free Paper Issues globe cut file called It's a Beautiful World.

Here are some details. My starting point was the globe, and I decided I'd back it with a map print.  The muted colors of the map I chose led me to use a cream background I found in an October Afternoon travel collection 8 x 8 pad. The title was a natural one to use. I love mixing up different alphabets in my titles. The red felt ones have been in my stash forever. I decided a wood veneer geotag would be the perfect thing to add to the O.


I keep my travel-themed embellishments in a drawer together and found this cute chipboard airplane from Simple Stories Travel Notes collection. It wasn't showing up very well on the cream-colored background, so I backed it with red. I added some clouds I fussy cut out of a pattterned paper by My Little Shoebox. I lifted all of these elements up on pop dots. The globe is also mounted on pop dots for added dimension.


I found a few flair badges that worked with the colors. That red paper behind the grid paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Joy Ride collection that's been hanging out  in my travel paper folder for far too long.


Before I stuck everything down, I did some stamping and splattering with watercolors in the background.The chipboard Vespa and passport are from the same sheet as the airplane. I added a few more odds and ends and called my layout done!


I hope you'll come join our challenges. We have SCADS of them--you're sure to find a few that strike your fancy. AND there's a $50 gift certificate up for grabs!

You should stop by the Paper Issues shop, check out all the new goodies, and please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...