HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Eek! | CSI Case File No. 398

I made this fun page for the first November Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.




Here are the Case File and clues.

In addition to the colors and documenting Halloween for the Testimony, I used the following Evidence clues: a distressed solid background (really old--from Cosmo Cricket), stripes, stars, Halloween-themed items, bats, houses, a bow, circles, buttons, stitches, and the @ symbol.


The colors from this Case File reminded me of the Hey Pumpkin collection by Crate Paper from a few years ago. I started with an old distressed solid paper in black from Cosmo Cricket to make a night-sky in the background. I backed a pumpkin cut file from Bramble Fox with a few of the patterned papers and then started building my page. A bow was one of the clues. I love it when I can use my ribbon. I have enough to last me several lifetimes! Stitching was a clue, so I added some cross-stitches here and there.


Stripes were a clue, so I added some striped paper at the top and then decided to add some fiber to add another interesting texture on the page. Fibers--another thing I have a ton of in my stash. One of the patterned papers in the collection had a bunch of heads. I thought it would be fun to have some of the monsters from the Hey Pumpkin collection peeking out from behind the pumpkin. 


Since houses were a clue, I thought I'd add a little neighborhood with trick-or-treaters at the bottom of the page, and I fussy cut those from one of the patterned papers. That @ brad was added because it was one of the clues.


The black words are epoxy stickers that I've had in my stash for eons. I scattered some buttons around the neighborhood because buttons were a clue. I like lots of different textures and details on my page. CSI clues always make me look for things in my stash I wouldn't have thought of including. The acrylic heart is by Bramble Fox. And you know I have to put a heart on the pages I give away.


I had a lot of fun making this page! If you haven't tried out CSI, you really need to come over and play with us--you'll have fun digging through your stash to see what you can include on your pages!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...