HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Happy Campers: CSI: Color Stories Inspiration Case File No. 412

We have a fun Case File for our first June challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's what I created:


Here are the Case File and clues that inspired my page:


Besides using the basic colors, I documented my friend's camping trip for the Testimony. I had fun looking through my stash to find Evidence clues and managed to use: plaid, solid, ledger, and woodgrain patterns, wood, camping-themed items, grid composition, signpost, arrows, owl, bear, canoe, cross-stitches, trees, different size alphas, zipper, and sunburst.


Here are some details. I started off my page making a sunburst in the background using a stencil from Bramble Fox. I distressed paper squares and then layered them on a brown for added dimension and definition. The little sign was trimmed out of a patterned paper. I don't know the brand because it was one of those papers from JoAnn's that are from different well-known collections, but they don't identify them. The wooden stars are from Studio Calico, and the 3Dcamping stickers are Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.


Grid layouts are a perfect design for multiphoto layouts. Plaid pattern was one of the clues, and I was happy to find a plaid paper in the colors for this challenge.


I've had this wood veneer tree in my stash forever, and it was a perfect little detail to add to this square. The clips on my layout were made with metal dies.


Woodgrain pattern was another clue, as was grid pattern, and the phrase stickers I added have a grid pattern in the background.


The "explore" badge came from the same paper as the sign in the upper right square, and the bear is from the 3D sticker set. I added a sticker that had some hearts matching the phrase stickers because I always add hearts to the pages I give away.


Another detail that met two clues--an arrow and wood.


And I found a canoe, which was a clue, in the 3D Paper Studio sticker pack, and it was the right color!


Instead of three squares in the middle row, I added one long rectangular one for my title. I found a title in the camping-themed paper that I had fussy-cut the sign and patch out of, and added that to the title. The little cross-stitches were added because that's a clue. I found a matching owl sticker in my stash and sat him atop a wood-grained title, mounted on a pop dot. Finally, I added a zipper, which was a clue, made from a Bramble Fox metal die set.


I'm typing this and thinking I could've added a compass to this page, but I guess I missed that on the clues list. It's so fun digging through my stash, old and new, in search of details for my CSI pages. I hope you'll come play along because it's such a fun challenge. And be sure to go check out the beautiful inspiration from the team!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...