HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Personal Trainer | CSI Case File No. 298

I've been making pages for my friend featuring her dogs, especially this adorable one named Buster, and this photo was perfect for the colors on the current Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.


I often pin digital templates from Designer Digitals onto my Scrappy Sketches Pinterest board. I apparently forgot to pin the one that inspired the basic design of my page, but that's where I got my inspiration for the composition.

Here are the Case File and clues for this challenge. 

Image Credit: Andrew Bannecker

I've been wanting to scrap this photo for my pastor and friend forever, and when I saw the yellow in the Case File, I decided this was the perfect time. I used the color scheme and used many of the Evidence clues: stripes, metal, monsters, googly eyes, speech bubble, string, circles, triangles, solid cardstock, scallps, stitching, dangle something, and chipboard. I had fun using lots of really old stash.


I really love using the clues for my pages because it gets me digging through my stash. I used a lot of older stuff on here, including all the chipboard buttons and the tickets, and that fun charm. I love to search for elements that help me to tell the story. I got that flair badge from my friend Lisa Swift, who surprised me by sending a little pack in the mail--she wanted me to use them for the pages I make for my students, but this one was perfect for this layout. The "breathe, sister" was cut out of a paper from Photoplay's Like a Girl collection.


I'm in love with these Bella Blvd letter stickers. The papers are all from my paper scrap drawers. I dug through my yellow die cuts box and found the ampersand and the vellum phrase, which were perfect here. Those stitched circle stamps are by Denim Tampons.



Since monsters were a clue, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use one on my page--monsters are one of my favorite scrappy elements. I cut this orange monster out of an old October Afternoon paper from the Night Light Louie collection. (Confession: I bought 4 sheets of this paper so I'd never run out of it!) The flair badge is from A Flair for Buttons. At the last minute, I added that clear Simple Stories "Fabulous" sticker. it just made me giggle, especially underneath that "hello my name is" label.


I hope you'll come play along with us. The Case File is Halloween-inspired, but as you can see, it's not limited to that subject. We've got 8 generous sponsors donating prizes to lucky players this month:



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...