HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Unicorn | 30 Days of Sketches - Day 5

So I'm sure you've heard by now: Paper Issues is trying to keep up our spirits during this COVID-19 shut-in by giving us 30 sketches for 30 days. I'm going to try to do all of them! Here's my layout for Day 5:


And here's the sketch I used.


Here are some details. I used this fun FREE cut file from Paper Issues called Gumdrop Background. I used the eraser tool to get rid of a few of the columns of gumdrops and made them a little wider. Then I backed it with the rainbow-striped paper from Simple Stories Dream Big collection. About a month ago, I was rearranging some drawers and came across this sheet of unused raw chipboard letters, and I'm sure they were unused because they're so big for my 8 x 8 pages, but they were irritating me, so I'm on a mission to use them up. I've used them on a couple of pages so far, and I'm sure you'll be seeing them again soon. I was able to get them colored pretty close to the pink in the Dream Big collection by coating them with gesso and painting them with some Tim Holtz stamp ink mixed with water.



I was going to make my own tags using patterned paper from the collection, and I went to my tag drawers to find a tag to trace. My drawer labeled "metal-rimmed tags" caught my eye, and I fund this giant stash of colorful tags that sort of matched the colors, and I decided to go for it. They weren't the right shape, but I just clustered five of them and left the strings on for fun and then added some Nuvo Drops.


And of course I had to use the chipboard unicorn and rainbow to finish off my page!


I hope you'll come join our challenge. If you like the Dream Big collection, there are several pieces the Paper Issues store. Please use my code Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off of everything in the store, every single day!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...