HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A Girl and Her Chicken | CSI Cold Case No. 338 + Paper Issues Sketch

I made this for our November Cold Case and also for Paper Issues sketch challenge.


Here are the Case File and clues that inspired my page:


I used these clues: Product clues - older papers in the color scheme, fabric, something distressed, older metal items, an unopened package of something; design clues: distress your papers, use a stencil and texture paste in the background, fussy cut elements from patterned paper to use as accents, use as many different textures as you can, add old metal brads.


Here's the sketch I used:


Here are some details. This was the perfect Case file for this picture of my friend's daughter holding one of their chickens! I used a chicken wire stencil for the background. I found this frayed fabric trim to use with the tags that was the perfect color and matched the fabric clue, and how perfect is the fabric word tag! See, this is why I don't get rid of my old stash. You just never know when you'll have the perfect opportunity to use it! That old brad was the perfect color too.


An old metal frame was perfect to frame this fun wooden chicken I found in my stash, and I had some perfect plain brads to go with the colors.


I always add a heart to the pages I give away and I found a perfect wooden one to go with my page. Note to self. Do not sit a page upright until AFTER the Nuvo Drops are dry!


I knew I had this old paper by Daisy D's with chickens on it. I fussy cut the chicken to use as an embellishment. After choosing the chickens, I went through my paper stash to find papers to go with it and found other Daisy D's papers and also some BasicGrey.


I had these ginormous chipboard letters in my stash, and I'm trying to use them up. I coated them with gesso and then ran some Distress inks over them. The other letters are by BasicGrey, and the tile letters are by Bo Bunny, I think.


It just delights me to no end to find phrase stickers that are perfect for my pages!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...