HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Cozy Days | Bramble Fox

Yesterday I was up on the Bramble Fox blog. Here's my post.

Hey, Bramble Fox fans! Today I'm sharing a layout using the November Fox Box Plus. You may have seen it in the FoxZine if you're a subscriber, but I thought I'd give some more details about how this layout came together--and don't worry if you didn't receive the Fox Box, all of the items I used on my page are now in the shop. I focused on the purples from the Fox Box to highlight the plums and purples in my photos, and complemented them with the oranges and golds of a classic autumn palette. The Cozy Days title and accompanying lantern are the star of the show here.

Please note that I scrap 8 x 8, so the products look a bit larger on my layouts.


I started with the beautiful Fox Cut Stencil #50 | Skinny Chevron, adding color to the background as a backdrop for my photos, using two colors of Tim Holtz Distress ink and a blending brush. I searched my fall paper collections to see if I could find any that had purples, and I found The Four Seasons Autumn collection by P13, and I fussy-cut some of the florals from the papers. The "Noteworthy" label is from Paper Snips 014 | Cozy Autumn.


Stencils are such a great product to have in my stash--they can be used in so many ways! Besides using one stencil for a background, I used Fox Cut Stencil #47 | Leaves & Branches for embellishments. I used four different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink and a blending brush on scraps of white paper, added veins with a black fine-tip pen, and fussy cut them. Using my fingers to bend the edges gave the leaves a bit of dimension. The great part about using a stencil for embellishments is I can customize them with any colors to suit my layout, and a stencil will never be used up so I can make infinite layouts with one stencil! The rust fall phrase strips are from Paper Snips 014 | Cozy Days and the "autumn leaves" phrase is from Paper Snips 011 | Autumn.


How sweet is this lantern? You get several in the pack with the Cozy Days title Perspextive. I used yellow vellum behind the lantern and elevated it with adhesive foam. I placed one of the leaves partially behind the lantern so you could see that it is sheer. A piece of purple jute adds an extra texture and a lovely detail.


The matte finish on these Perspextives is so pretty, and I just adore the mix of fonts on this title piece. I fussy cut the "Autumn Days" from the Paper Snips 014 | Cozy Days as a subtitle, adding another shade of purple. And of course I couldn't forget to add a heart from the Hearts Special Edition pack to my page since I do that with all the pages I give away. A few Nuvo Drops around the embellishment clusters were a finishing touch, and when I finished, I felt like my page still needed something to tie it all together, and I searched my paper stash for a purple paper I could use to frame the whole page. This piece of paper from My Mind's Eye's Bohemia collection has been in my stash for eons and it was perfect here.


Even though winter is upon us, there are still so many beautiful pieces from the Autumn Collection still in the shop to scrap all those fall photos you took. I hope I've given you some ideas and inspiration for using them!


Please make sure to tag us on Instagram and share your work in the Bramble Fox Friends Facebook group. We love to see what you make with our products!


Until next time, have fun scrapping!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...