HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Laugh | CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration + Scrap the Boys Collaboration

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration teamed up with Scrap the Boys this month for our first April challenge, which is dedicated to April Fool's Day. Here's what I created:


Here are the Case File and Clues:


I used lots of clues--the color scheme, the topic clue, and loads of Evidence clues--so fun digging through my stash. I included stripes, solids, dots, chevron, glasses, mustache, washi tape, stars, banner, labels, doodles, clouds, speech bubble, googly eyes, cursive font, something fuzzy, circular embellishments, sunburst, and paint in the background.


This page was so fun to make. I used mostly old stash on here, which always makes me happy! I started out by making a sunburst in the background using a Fox Cut stencil from Bramble Fox. I added splatters with different colors of watercolor and then outlined them with a fine-tip pen. I stitched down strips of paper from my paper scraps drawers and then started embellishing. The brads are fuzzy, from the something fuzzy clue. Flair was a clue, and the flair badges I used are from A Flair for Buttons. So were speech bubbles, and I cut this one out of an old Echo Park paper. The beautiful translucent acrylic hearts are from Bramble Fox. I always add hearts to the pages I give away.


I always love the opportunity to use googly eyes, and they fit right inside the acrylic eyeglasses I found in my stash, which was a clue. The mustache was another clue and made a fun addition to my title. Washi tape as another clue and I added some wonky torn pieces here and there on my layout.


Clouds were a clue and I found a paper with yellow clouds in my stash and fussy cut them. Labels are a clue and I cut an old Martha Stewart label in half so I could use it in two spots.


Here's a shot from the bottom left, which shows some more circular elements, which was a clue. I don't know why so many of my flair badges are getting rust spots. Disappointing!



I hope you'll come check out the inspiration from both the CSI and Scrap the Boys design teams and play with us!


cubeupload


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...