HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, April 20, 2020

You Shine Bright | Paper Issues Monochromatic Fanatic Challenge

I'm up on the Paper Issues blog today. Here's my post:

Hey, everyone! I'm so excited to share a layout I made for the Monochromatic Fanatic challenge. I've been making layouts to give to each of my 29 fourth grade students.


Besides the yellow on the Monochromatic moodboard, I also drew inspiration from the bees, the flowers, the twine, and the lemon slices.


When I saw that the challenge was yellow,  I immediately thought of the Sunburst Background free cut file. I love this kind of cut file because I can use up some of my paper scraps. All of the patterned papers on my layout came from my scrap drawers.

I love this challenge because it gets me digging through my stash to discover things I might have forgotten about, like these little bee stickers I've had in my stash forever. I might never have thought of using them if it hadn't been for the moodboard!


I added some lemon slices cut from an old Jillibean Soup patterned paper, inspired by the moodboard.


To add some more interest to the sun rays, I applied Nuvo Drops. I just love those things! So much fun and so much cheaper than enamel dots, and you can make them in any size you want!


I hope you'll give this challenge a try. The yellow is so bright and cheery, and creating this layout made me so happy! As I said, a cut file is a great way to use a bunch of scraps, and Paper Issues has HUNDREDS of FREE cut files. You're sure to find the perfect one for any topic you want to scrap. While you're checking out the cut files, stop by the shop and see all the new goodies. Please use my discount code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off everything, no expiration date!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...